Pepper soup gang where art thou!…. gather here for selify*
Pepper soup, founded in 190x… find x.
It is re-known as best appetizer at every social gathering, usually taken before meal is served or perhaps, with rice as a proper soup.
The sauce will always want you craving for more and the pepper is something you have to deal with…😎
Preparing a goat meat pepper soup is not as complicated as it seem. Lemme take you through the requirements how to get it prepared in less than 30mins. Ready?… leggo!
- 500g Beef (cow meat)
- 2-3 Beef stock cubes, crushed
- 1 Teaspoon of ground black pepper or
Habanero pepper… avoid putting your hand in your eyes please 😃😃
- 1 Scotch Bonnet (Red (Rodo) or Yellow), blended
- two medium sized red Onions, chopped
- 3 Pieces calabash Nutmeg (Monodora myristica, Ehuru/Ariwo), ground
- 1 Table spoon of negro pepper (Uda), ground
- 1 Small piece of Aiden fruit (Uyayak), optional
- Spoon of dried ginger
- 3 Cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 Teaspoon of Thyme
- 2 Tablespoons of ground crayfish
- Salt to taste
- A handful of scent leaves (Nchuawun), Chopped
- Teaspoon of uziza seeds (Ashanti pepper)or Alligator pepper, ground
- First of all boil the meat.
- Wash and season beef with 2 seasoning cubes, onions, ginger, garlic, black pepper, thyme, uda, and salt.
- Toast the meat to mix with the ingredients and place the pot on heat to cook for 5 minutes.
- Add a cup of water to the meat and leave to cook for about 15-20 minutes or until the liquid has reduced.
- Add more water, Aiden fruit uziza seed and ground crayfish and bring to a boil.
- Taste the soup to add more seasoning and spices if needed. You will notice the stock becoming rich or turning dark brown and flavourful… yeah, that’s what we really want and ensure the stock doesn’t have any particle.
- After 10 minutes, add the chopped basil (scent leaf), do not cover, let it cook for another 10 minutes to infuse more flavour.
- Reduce the heat and let the beef pepper soup simmer on a low heat while you serve.
- You can pair your beef pepper soup with boiled rice or as it is with chill drink.
Do yourself good by having this spicy yummy with your favourite drink… cold please 😊
Please leave comments in the section below to ask questions or to tell me what you feel.
I’m ChefT👩🍳, your favorite kitchen buddy. Join me again next week as i bring you another food recipe 🔥 👌